Website Suggestions

Post questions, comments, and suggestions about Runouw.com here.

Re: Website Suggestions

Postby Kimonio » December 28th, 2015, 9:03 am

Use of discord in iframes offsite is banned. They made sure it wasn't possible for security reasons

Kimonio
Honorary Member

Thumbs Up given: 62 times
Thumbs Up received: 135 times

Postby Oranjui » January 4th, 2016, 1:21 pm

The tooltip/hover text for the [countdown] bbcode tag says "Note: The deadline time has been adjusted for your timezone. Generally these are set to Midnight PST.", which I assume is a temporary thing you added because they were originally only used during RO, but that last line should probably just not be included, or it should change to reflect the time that was entered into the tag itself.
Oranjui
Minister of Oerhaos

Runolympics 2015 MVP

Thumbs Up given: 388 times
Thumbs Up received: 188 times

Postby Supershroom » January 5th, 2016, 4:22 am

I would like to see postcounting being enabled on the Story Portal (tbh, why shouldn't it be, despite not many people using it).

Thank you, FF.

Nan's sig! From the previous Secret Santa event!: show
Rating standards: show
1 star: (0 - 5.75 in LDC) These levels need a lot of work. They're totally un-elaborated, and/or inherently flawed due to things like cutoff or enemy spam, or they're untested and there are too many bugs gameplay-wise, in short: Many many things went wrong in such a level.

2 stars: (6 - 9.75) These levels are not terrible, but poor. They're too short, lack scenery or they have errors and/or bugs but it's still barely enjoyable. Again, spend more effort and try to do better. (if it's your first level that I rate two stars, it's not bad. There's a long way you can still go)

3 stars: (10 - 12.75) These levels are about mediocre. They may be still a little bit short, the gameplay is fine but not very original and graphics are also solid, but not breath-taking. Try to keep improving!

4 stars: (13 - 15) These levels are nice, but not the best. Effort has been put into them, there can some professionality be seen in gameplay and graphics, they're a nice experience to play, but there are still things you can do to make it even better. Try to go the extra mile!

5 stars: (15.25 - 20) These are really great levels, those which, as said, I would give more than 15 in an LDC. These suffice many high requirements, and it already goes into subtleties if you want to make them better. These levels are successful all around. Bravo.

These are just general principles I try to follow when rating. Sometimes I don't leave a further comment when rating, most times I do, if you have questions about it, feel free to ask further.
Look at this!: show
My total SM63 level experience: 2803 levels.
Total coins collected in these: 306800

The WITBLO11 Tribute

A showcase of the 25 best levels of 2011, including such fantastic levels as Niveau Victorieux Galaxy, Plastic Beach, Dimension Infinity, Realm of the Heavens/Parallel Spires, and more!

My Level Collection: http://runouw.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47186

Other Important Links:
Last Legacy Level Designer tutorial
Eternal SM63 Medal Table
Eternal SM63 Score Table (all LDC scores available)
Top 10 Lists for LDC's (highest averages in a single judging criterion)
Runouw Votes Eternal Table
Supershroom
Our local SM63 Spielberg

Runouw Votes Winner
New Years 2016: Best Level Winner (Ride Through The Mines)

Thumbs Up given: 244 times
Thumbs Up received: 126 times

Postby Doram » January 6th, 2016, 7:30 am

@Supershroom I turned postcount on in those spots (must have missed them previously), and double-checked everywhere else. Everywhere postcount is on, polls are on.

@OJ VERY good point. I will take out that part of the comment (easiest solution).

EDIT: Yeah. Easiest... except not. I am working on it, sorry. Will take some time...
Martin Luther King Jr. wrote:Man must evolve, for all human conflict, a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation.
The foundation of such a method is love.
More words from a wise man on activism, terrorism, violence, and peace
Doram
Global Moderator

Cookie
l.m: "For fixing the stuff I break, and for being the best Forum Dad. XOXO <3"

Thumbs Up given: 153 times
Thumbs Up received: 471 times

Postby Kimonio » January 11th, 2016, 2:57 pm

Wouldn't it be easier if there was an assistant or other staff member that could help with the backend of things, when Doram is busy or tied up? I bring it up a lot, but nothing is ever discussed.

Kimonio
Honorary Member

Postby Charcoal » January 27th, 2016, 6:42 pm

Just thought of this: what about personal color customization with the general forum layout or some kind of personal settings tab for this site? Probably hard to program?...I don't know. Something that People can change the color scheme for their computer to display Runouw.com. Instead of blue, someone can change their own scheme to red for their computer's display of the site.

Something not so beneficial, but I thought I'd share it
Charcoal
Prophet of Shadowsquid

SM63 Level Designer Contest Winner
25quared: Mini-LDC #5

Thumbs Up given: 49 times
Thumbs Up received: 77 times

Postby Kimonio » January 28th, 2016, 10:17 am

That sounds like what Stylish does.

It's a good idea, but it comes at a cost. do we locally host the stylesheets here or as cookies?

Kimonio
Honorary Member

Postby Kimonio » April 10th, 2016, 1:23 pm

I've never noticed these errors before....huh.

Kimonio
Honorary Member

Postby Supershroom » April 12th, 2016, 6:55 am

me a few months ago wrote:And maybe finally let profiles also be viewed by guests so they can also see all of our amazing achievements (aka medals)?

And now I know for a few weeks already that on SMBX.org profiles are visible to everyone. Of course SMBX is a bad community and all but in terms of this they're one step ahead to us.

Would be good to get this somehow.

Thank you, FF.

Nan's sig! From the previous Secret Santa event!: show
Rating standards: show
1 star: (0 - 5.75 in LDC) These levels need a lot of work. They're totally un-elaborated, and/or inherently flawed due to things like cutoff or enemy spam, or they're untested and there are too many bugs gameplay-wise, in short: Many many things went wrong in such a level.

2 stars: (6 - 9.75) These levels are not terrible, but poor. They're too short, lack scenery or they have errors and/or bugs but it's still barely enjoyable. Again, spend more effort and try to do better. (if it's your first level that I rate two stars, it's not bad. There's a long way you can still go)

3 stars: (10 - 12.75) These levels are about mediocre. They may be still a little bit short, the gameplay is fine but not very original and graphics are also solid, but not breath-taking. Try to keep improving!

4 stars: (13 - 15) These levels are nice, but not the best. Effort has been put into them, there can some professionality be seen in gameplay and graphics, they're a nice experience to play, but there are still things you can do to make it even better. Try to go the extra mile!

5 stars: (15.25 - 20) These are really great levels, those which, as said, I would give more than 15 in an LDC. These suffice many high requirements, and it already goes into subtleties if you want to make them better. These levels are successful all around. Bravo.

These are just general principles I try to follow when rating. Sometimes I don't leave a further comment when rating, most times I do, if you have questions about it, feel free to ask further.
Look at this!: show
My total SM63 level experience: 2803 levels.
Total coins collected in these: 306800

The WITBLO11 Tribute

A showcase of the 25 best levels of 2011, including such fantastic levels as Niveau Victorieux Galaxy, Plastic Beach, Dimension Infinity, Realm of the Heavens/Parallel Spires, and more!

My Level Collection: http://runouw.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47186

Other Important Links:
Last Legacy Level Designer tutorial
Eternal SM63 Medal Table
Eternal SM63 Score Table (all LDC scores available)
Top 10 Lists for LDC's (highest averages in a single judging criterion)
Runouw Votes Eternal Table
Supershroom
Our local SM63 Spielberg

Runouw Votes Winner
New Years 2016: Best Level Winner (Ride Through The Mines)

Thumbs Up given: 244 times
Thumbs Up received: 126 times

Postby l.m » April 12th, 2016, 8:22 am

Supershroom wrote:
me a few months ago wrote:And maybe finally let profiles also be viewed by guests so they can also see all of our amazing achievements (aka medals)?

And now I know for a few weeks already that on SMBX.org profiles are visible to everyone. Of course SMBX is a bad community and all but in terms of this they're one step ahead to us.

Would be good to get this somehow.

Is the reasoning behind this only the fact that apparently some site has stuff we don't and we need to be equal or better than it? Because it does feel like it, and at least in my opinion, we have a billion more important things to worry about than to let random people on the internet see shiny icons in a profile.
l.m
all light absorbed

Razzian Fighter

Thumbs Up given: 136 times
Thumbs Up received: 148 times

PreviousNext

Return to Site Discussion