4th Last Legacy Level Designer Contest Poll

Post questions, comments, and suggestions about Runouw.com here.

Are you interested in having a 4th Last Legacy Level Designing Contest?

Yes. I will do everything I can to submit an entry. (Pick this option only if you are more than 75% sure you can deliver.)
19%
Maybe. I'm interested, but might not be able to commit. (Pick this option if you're less than 75% you can deliver, if you would like to see the contest go ahead but won't be able to enter, etc...)
45%
No. I will not be participating. (Pick this option if you'll be busy, cannot manage time, hate Last Legacy, etc...)
35%

Total votes : 31

Re: 4th Last Legacy Level Designer Contest Poll

Postby ~MP3 Amplifier~ » December 24th, 2015, 8:25 am

I put maybe. I never like to say no to any creative (especially level designing) projects, and believe it or not I do have an interest in LL. But I'm not 75%+ sure I would actually find the time or motivation to make something. LL is so intricate and I find it hard to stay concentrated on it for a long time.
"I treat everyone equally, depending on how much I like them." ~Me
The below image is a montage of my individual highest placing LDC creations, as a reminder to myself that level designing is a part of my life that I can't just leave behind

I made this sig so credits to mee :amp smile:
~MP3 Amplifier~
THE DARK LAMP

Error contacting Twitter

SM63 Level Designer Contest Winner
LDC #30: Finale/The Ultimate Battle

Thumbs Up given: 226 times
Thumbs Up received: 611 times

Postby Karyete » December 24th, 2015, 8:32 am

Doram wrote:I actually like the idea of LL duels, and I'm surprised that we haven't been doing that already. Though, I'm all for a full LDC too. I think the duels will also help break the ice for some of the people out there that are still intimidated by it.

Good God I didn't realise how much I wanted an LL duel until you just said it. I'd so be up for that.
Major credit goes to l.m for this!

Museum of Monsters

Most recent SM63 / LL level: Flickering Forest
Karyete

LL Level Designer Contest Winner
LL LDC #4: Ruins/Temple

Thumbs Up given: 273 times
Thumbs Up received: 148 times

Postby Doram » January 2nd, 2016, 6:15 am

I like the idea of the LL duels getting people's feet wet. I also agree that there's definitely interest out there, because even if there are 6 committed, there's 12 that would be interested in trying or watching, and that 18 far outweighs the 8 that aren't interested for some reason. I am almost curious as to further explanation on the poll, perhaps store/post the results of this one, and have a second poll of "Why not?" and add stuff like don't like/too complicated/don't understand/community issues(other forums vs us)/just really don't care.

Sent you a PM, Ven.
Martin Luther King Jr. wrote:Man must evolve, for all human conflict, a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation.
The foundation of such a method is love.
More words from a wise man on activism, terrorism, violence, and peace
Doram
Global Moderator

Cookie
l.m: "For fixing the stuff I break, and for being the best Forum Dad. XOXO <3"

Thumbs Up given: 153 times
Thumbs Up received: 471 times

Postby Supershroom » January 2nd, 2016, 6:31 am

About too complicated / don't understand etc., doesn't my tutorial already give enough "munition" especially for the bulk of already established SM63 designers? Apparently it has only 240 views, that's quite poor ...

Thank you, FF.

Nan's sig! From the previous Secret Santa event!: show
Rating standards: show
1 star: (0 - 5.75 in LDC) These levels need a lot of work. They're totally un-elaborated, and/or inherently flawed due to things like cutoff or enemy spam, or they're untested and there are too many bugs gameplay-wise, in short: Many many things went wrong in such a level.

2 stars: (6 - 9.75) These levels are not terrible, but poor. They're too short, lack scenery or they have errors and/or bugs but it's still barely enjoyable. Again, spend more effort and try to do better. (if it's your first level that I rate two stars, it's not bad. There's a long way you can still go)

3 stars: (10 - 12.75) These levels are about mediocre. They may be still a little bit short, the gameplay is fine but not very original and graphics are also solid, but not breath-taking. Try to keep improving!

4 stars: (13 - 15) These levels are nice, but not the best. Effort has been put into them, there can some professionality be seen in gameplay and graphics, they're a nice experience to play, but there are still things you can do to make it even better. Try to go the extra mile!

5 stars: (15.25 - 20) These are really great levels, those which, as said, I would give more than 15 in an LDC. These suffice many high requirements, and it already goes into subtleties if you want to make them better. These levels are successful all around. Bravo.

These are just general principles I try to follow when rating. Sometimes I don't leave a further comment when rating, most times I do, if you have questions about it, feel free to ask further.
Look at this!: show
My total SM63 level experience: 2803 levels.
Total coins collected in these: 306800

The WITBLO11 Tribute

A showcase of the 25 best levels of 2011, including such fantastic levels as Niveau Victorieux Galaxy, Plastic Beach, Dimension Infinity, Realm of the Heavens/Parallel Spires, and more!

My Level Collection: http://runouw.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47186

Other Important Links:
Last Legacy Level Designer tutorial
Eternal SM63 Medal Table
Eternal SM63 Score Table (all LDC scores available)
Top 10 Lists for LDC's (highest averages in a single judging criterion)
Runouw Votes Eternal Table
Supershroom
Our local SM63 Spielberg

Runouw Votes Winner
New Years 2016: Best Level Winner (Ride Through The Mines)

Thumbs Up given: 244 times
Thumbs Up received: 126 times

Postby Raz » January 2nd, 2016, 11:50 am

Runouw's polls alone are not good for getting a reason why not whatsoever. It's better to either make the user give an explanation or use a polling thing like google surveys that lets you type in your own answer.
Karyete, Master of Civil Conversation
Disclaimer: none of these messages have been edited, context can be provided if needed (thanks discord!) but absolutely does not change anything about these messages and that he's too overly defensive and cocky to make situations better

Karyete: I don't have anything to say to you, I've been deliberately trying to not offend you for years, actually, but apparently everything I say to you is wrong. You come across as so aggressive that you successfully intimidated me into not wanting to talk to you
Karyete: Seriously, what is your problem? And not only that, you fail to even acknowledge you might be in some wrong here.
Karyete: Oooh it's you? Hello. Feel free to drop this right now. You're going to make yourself look like an idiot.
Karyete: We don't want to hear your opinion at this stage.
Karyete: You're not getting any apology, especially after now.
Karyete: You can stay up on your high horse, continue to twist the truth and act like an absolute child all you want. I refuse to give respect to a man who right now is picking up a dropped argument because he simply cannot fathom the idea that he might be in the wrong.
Karyete: How pathetic
Raz
"quite easily the most manly man of all" --Raz

Error contacting Twitter

Razzian Fighter

Thumbs Up given: 40 times
Thumbs Up received: 367 times

Postby Doram » January 2nd, 2016, 2:37 pm

I don't know about that. I've asked for specifics forever on some things and then only gotten feedback when I simplified it into a poll. some people don't feel comfortable typing out their feelings.
Martin Luther King Jr. wrote:Man must evolve, for all human conflict, a method which rejects revenge, aggression, and retaliation.
The foundation of such a method is love.
More words from a wise man on activism, terrorism, violence, and peace
Doram
Global Moderator

Cookie
l.m: "For fixing the stuff I break, and for being the best Forum Dad. XOXO <3"

Thumbs Up given: 153 times
Thumbs Up received: 471 times

Postby Raz » January 2nd, 2016, 2:45 pm

Google Surveys can be anonymous, and not only that, but it'll prevent anyone from bandwagoning in 1 result because it's the dominant result.
Karyete, Master of Civil Conversation
Disclaimer: none of these messages have been edited, context can be provided if needed (thanks discord!) but absolutely does not change anything about these messages and that he's too overly defensive and cocky to make situations better

Karyete: I don't have anything to say to you, I've been deliberately trying to not offend you for years, actually, but apparently everything I say to you is wrong. You come across as so aggressive that you successfully intimidated me into not wanting to talk to you
Karyete: Seriously, what is your problem? And not only that, you fail to even acknowledge you might be in some wrong here.
Karyete: Oooh it's you? Hello. Feel free to drop this right now. You're going to make yourself look like an idiot.
Karyete: We don't want to hear your opinion at this stage.
Karyete: You're not getting any apology, especially after now.
Karyete: You can stay up on your high horse, continue to twist the truth and act like an absolute child all you want. I refuse to give respect to a man who right now is picking up a dropped argument because he simply cannot fathom the idea that he might be in the wrong.
Karyete: How pathetic
Raz
"quite easily the most manly man of all" --Raz

Error contacting Twitter

Razzian Fighter

Thumbs Up given: 40 times
Thumbs Up received: 367 times

Postby Venexis » January 2nd, 2016, 3:38 pm

Poll (January 2 2016) wrote:Are you interested in having a 4th Last Legacy Level Designing Contest?

');
OptionVotesPercent
Maybe.I'm interested, but might not be able to commit. (Pick this option if you're less than 75% you can deliver, if you would like to see the contest go ahead but won't be able to enter, etc...)48%
No.I will not be participating. (Pick this option if you'll be busy, cannot manage time, hate Last Legacy, etc...)30%

Thank ya, Doram.

Archived the current poll results as of right now... because it's time for the first info leak. Technically the last one as well, because I completely dropped the ball and was either not around to do this earlier or forgot about it. My bad.

Anyway, without further ado, the contest host for the 4th Official Last Legacy Level Designer Contest will be...

He's tentatively planning to start the contest on the 8th, and let it run a full month (February 8th). After that, judging would ideally take a further week, after which the results would be collected and released. Hopefully this should be plenty of time for everyone involved to finish up.

A theme has been chosen and agreed on by a majority of staff, but will not be revealed until the contest officially starts.

The poll won't end until contest starts, so if for some reason the deadline doesn't work for you, or you were holding out for an FF-hosted contest, please change your vote accordingly- if nothing else, it's a useful source of data if we ever do a poll like this in the future. Due to significant interest, the contest is going to go ahead anyway. After this LDC wraps up mid-February, we'll probably have a short break before having other events and evaluating the success or failure of the contest.
Spoiler: show
10/10, thanks FrozenFire :3

Or add me, at Venexis#9902.
Venexis
Prophet of Shadowsquid

Location: Headquarters of EVIL! And definitely NOT my garage... Nope...

Thumbs Up given: 89 times
Thumbs Up received: 211 times

Postby Supershroom » January 3rd, 2016, 3:31 am

Vendai wrote:After this LDC wraps up mid-February, we'll probably have a short break before having other events and evaluating the success or failure of the contest.

Ayyy, that's lovely. When the contest starts, my Secret Santa event will already be wrapped up, and when it ends, it gives me a break right when exams are coming.

Thank you, FF.

Nan's sig! From the previous Secret Santa event!: show
Rating standards: show
1 star: (0 - 5.75 in LDC) These levels need a lot of work. They're totally un-elaborated, and/or inherently flawed due to things like cutoff or enemy spam, or they're untested and there are too many bugs gameplay-wise, in short: Many many things went wrong in such a level.

2 stars: (6 - 9.75) These levels are not terrible, but poor. They're too short, lack scenery or they have errors and/or bugs but it's still barely enjoyable. Again, spend more effort and try to do better. (if it's your first level that I rate two stars, it's not bad. There's a long way you can still go)

3 stars: (10 - 12.75) These levels are about mediocre. They may be still a little bit short, the gameplay is fine but not very original and graphics are also solid, but not breath-taking. Try to keep improving!

4 stars: (13 - 15) These levels are nice, but not the best. Effort has been put into them, there can some professionality be seen in gameplay and graphics, they're a nice experience to play, but there are still things you can do to make it even better. Try to go the extra mile!

5 stars: (15.25 - 20) These are really great levels, those which, as said, I would give more than 15 in an LDC. These suffice many high requirements, and it already goes into subtleties if you want to make them better. These levels are successful all around. Bravo.

These are just general principles I try to follow when rating. Sometimes I don't leave a further comment when rating, most times I do, if you have questions about it, feel free to ask further.
Look at this!: show
My total SM63 level experience: 2803 levels.
Total coins collected in these: 306800

The WITBLO11 Tribute

A showcase of the 25 best levels of 2011, including such fantastic levels as Niveau Victorieux Galaxy, Plastic Beach, Dimension Infinity, Realm of the Heavens/Parallel Spires, and more!

My Level Collection: http://runouw.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=47186

Other Important Links:
Last Legacy Level Designer tutorial
Eternal SM63 Medal Table
Eternal SM63 Score Table (all LDC scores available)
Top 10 Lists for LDC's (highest averages in a single judging criterion)
Runouw Votes Eternal Table
Supershroom
Our local SM63 Spielberg

Runouw Votes Winner
New Years 2016: Best Level Winner (Ride Through The Mines)

Thumbs Up given: 244 times
Thumbs Up received: 126 times

Previous

Return to Site Discussion