Stealing Levels

Discuss the campaign of SM63 or other aspects of SM63 here that do not pertain to the Level Designer.

Moderator: Level Moderator

Re: Stealing Levels

Postby Charcoal » September 3rd, 2011, 10:30 am

Runouw wrote:I think the best way for me to fix this would be to remove the copy-paste ability from playing levels. However, this method of playing levels seems to be preferred over most others.

I think in the future, I will make a very tricky encryption algorithm that obfuscates the code so that only the game can read it. You won't be able to steal levels because the game will know you are loading an encrypted level and won't let you save changes to it. Also, the level portal won't accept the encrypted version. You will only be able to post a level if you have the original copy of the code.
Now the fun part will be figuring out how to make one that no one else can figure out how to decode....

I think you should remove the copy-paste ability from playing the levels. That'll prevent User stuff from happening and possibly some types of illegal contests.

Stealing is just plain wrong. It's insulting. Glitch Palace was stolen numerous times.
Charcoal
Prophet of Shadowsquid

SM63 Level Designer Contest Winner
25quared: Mini-LDC #5

Thumbs Up given: 49 times
Thumbs Up received: 77 times

Postby Zunar » September 3rd, 2011, 3:14 pm

No matter what you do, there will always be people that will find someway to steal the code. That's just how this world works.
Zunar
Honorary Member

Thumbs Up given: 14 times
Thumbs Up received: 51 times

Postby Master1.0 » September 3rd, 2011, 7:47 pm

TheZunar123 wrote:No matter what you do, there will always be people that will find someway to steal the code. That's just how this world works.

True, but we still have the new portal. This won't be a problem in awhile... :3
~Excuse the mess~
Master1.0
Minister of Oerhaos

Cookie
MessengerOfDreams: "THERE! HERE'S YOUR F****** COOKIE! NOW WILL YOU STFU AND GET SOME FIREWOOD?! *is shot*"

Thumbs Up given: 52 times
Thumbs Up received: 61 times

Postby Zunar » September 4th, 2011, 6:55 am

Yeah, we can always do things to temporarily stop them. But eventually they'll figure out a way to do what they want. Trust me. ;)
Zunar
Honorary Member

Thumbs Up given: 14 times
Thumbs Up received: 51 times

Postby mario freak24 » September 7th, 2011, 4:18 pm

Stealing levels is really bad, Try to not get your level code stolen through. :|
Levels in making: Shadow temple, city in the sky, shy guy ruins.
That's all folks!!
mario freak24
Guardian to Glitch Castle

Thumbs Up given: 0 times
Thumbs Up received: 0 times

Previous

Return to Super Mario 63 General