Event Update

Heh. WHATEVER that was, it seems to be gone now...

2012 Halloween Storywriting Contest

Re: 2012 Halloween Storywriting Contest

Thumbs up x1

Postby Bomberman101 » October 29th, 2012, 5:43 pm

Hm...

Over a year ago... In a dark forest on Halloween night.. There rests a boy. A boy in a mask shaped as a circle filled with sorrow and joy, those two emotions were seperated in halves. The side of happiness was stained with blood, the one with sorrow was a little worn, but clean. This boy, a teenager actually, sits on a log every 31st of October. Knife in hand stained with blood, he stares at it... Remembering about the blood of his true love that died with that blade. The moon shines on him as he remembers about the sorrows contained in that knife. He remembers it clearly, it happened that day.
First off, i'd like to say that this boy was a maniac before all this has happened. He remembers that he and his girl were running in the woods together... Running from a man with an axe that was trying to kill them. The boy grabbed his knife and protected his girlfriend, he always protects her, he attacked the man with anger.. He was too infuriated however, that he stabbed his girlfriend as well.. Since the real murderer was the boy.

There are several people who dissappear in these woods every halloween.
One of them is Wallace, he was walking through the forest with his friend, Kyle.
''You really think your dog ran through here?'' Kyle said.
Wallace said,''I'm certain of it, he always runs through dark places like these.''
''But... On Halloween night? Isn't that kind of.... Creepy?''
''Oh, please. I don't believe in crud like that.''
''I'm not talking about ghosts and demons and stuff... Just the more... realistic things.''
''...''
The two kept walking until they suddenly heard Wallace's dog cry.
''Huh?!'' Wallace exclaimed. The two ran through some trees and arrived at an opening with the moon shining through, a log was on the center. On that log sat a boy with a half-smiling, half-crying mask looking down at a knife covered in blood. Beside him, Wallace and Kyle were shocked as they saw Wallace's dog lying on the floor, dead. Wallace stood there and yelled,''WHAT DID YOU DO?!''
Kyle ran away, being the best ''friend'' he is. The boy turned his head at Wallace and stood up.
Wallace said,''I'm... I CAN'T SAY HOW FURIOUS I AM!!!!'' The boy simply walked towards Wallace and took out his knife.
Wallace said,''Wh- What are y-'' Wallace didn't finish as the boy stabbed his chest and killed him. Wallace fell to the floor, and the boy threw him back into the woods, where Kyle was.
''W-W-Wallace?! WALLACE?!!?'' Kyle yelled. The masked boy sat back down and starred at his knife.
That was last year, however.. I will now begin the real story, taking place this Halloween. The masked boy sat at his log once again. He starred at his knife, it's been 4 years already. He has lived these four years in the forest, he has not eaten and has not drank anything throughout these four years, as if he wasn't human. His parents and everyone else have thought that the murderer killed him.
This year, the police have traced the sightings and reports of the boy and the dead people. The police finally tracked the masked boy down and tried to arrest him.
''Drop the knife and put your hands up!'' A cop said. The boy did not listen and stayed in his current position. The police immediately tried to arrest him with force, but the boy stabbed them all. The other police took out their guns, one of them was wearing a black coat. They began to shoot. The boy, however, remained there.
''Is he... Dead?'' The coated police man said as he approached the masked boy. The boy stood up and stabbed him.
The other police retreated. "This boy is not human..!'' They yelled. The masked boy got the man's coat and put it on. He covered his head with the hood and began to walk towards the town..
It was time.
The masked-hooded boy killed anyone in sight that was in his way.
Children... Teenagers... Adults... Seniors... He did not care for any of them. He has been discovered, and has decided to move the surrounding area to the afterlife. He wants to continue life with his girl and everybody else in the afterlife.
''Yo, cool dis-''
''Hey! What're y-''
''Uh... H-''
''Run! Ah!''
All these people were some of the victims from the boy's wrath. He arrives at a nuclear reactor in the outskirts after a couple hours. His goal was simple: Commit suicide and bring along everyone else.
The boy walked slowly like a zombie, killing everything in sight.
To shorten things down, the boy destroyed the reactor killing everyone in the town. Including himself.
So yeah... rushed ending..
Last edited by Bomberman101 on October 31st, 2012, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bomberman101
Code: Awesome

A Good Start

Thumbs Up given: 11 times
Thumbs Up received: 14 times

Postby ~MP3 Amplifier~ » October 31st, 2012, 2:27 pm

Right, deadline is tomorrow at 7pm GMT (roughly when I come online). Be sure to get all your stories in by then and then me and two other chosen judges will hopefully get to work!

If the other judges come online before then they can still start judging btw. :P
"I treat everyone equally, depending on how much I like them." ~Me
The below image is a montage of my individual highest placing LDC creations, as a reminder to myself that level designing is a part of my life that I can't just leave behind

I made this sig so credits to mee :amp smile:
~MP3 Amplifier~
THE DARK LAMP

Error contacting Twitter

SM63 Level Designer Contest Winner
LDC #30: Finale/The Ultimate Battle

Thumbs Up given: 226 times
Thumbs Up received: 611 times

Thumbs up x1

Postby Yoshi Boo 118 » October 31st, 2012, 4:12 pm

Enjoy another one of my works of art, puny mortals. :P

..well I would say that, but I have one request. Do you mind if I attach this as a file? I want to maintain the integrity of the document and by copy-pasting onto here, it's just not the same with the format changes.

Also if you don't have Word 2010 and you can't read/download the story, or the font near the end has those squares because the font isn't working, PLEASE tell me. It really helps add to the scare factor, at least in my point of view. I want you guys to get the full effect.

RESONANCE:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/5sardsn4a ... onance.doc

I really hope no issues arise...because I won't be back here until after school (past the deadline), and I want the story to be judged at the very best it can be.
ImageImage

Awesome Things, and My Works: show
ImageImage

Credit to Buff for my normal avatar and lordpat for the Red Yoshi sig. Ninny made the Valentine's Gift. <3 Thanks!

Click on the left and right side of my main signature to see my Level Series (Paper Mario 63) and my Levels!

Stories (That are more than just a prologue long):
Unlocked (One of my first stories, pretty much abandoned now)
Koopa's Final Blow (Halloween 2011)
Resonance (Posted here first, but other link is better)
The Gibus Games (TF2 related)
My fanfics are posted here, where the most recent updates will be on.

Yoshi Boo 118
Ex umbra in solem

1st Place in the Runolympics SM63 LDC Event. Congratulations!

Thumbs Up given: 139 times
Thumbs Up received: 102 times

Postby KevinOC » October 31st, 2012, 5:43 pm

What? The deadline passed? ♥♥♥♥ you your mom passed in that fire eleven years ago but I don't ♥♥♥♥....

anyways

Spoiler: show
Fourinone opened the front door, his heart racing out of his chest.
"O-oh, h-hey there, Brandon..."
"Hey, Foru. You look beautiful tonight."
"Oh, stop it..."
Why must the first date always be the most difficult? wondered the starry-eyed young man in a fine red dining dress. The awkward silence only hung in the air for a second, but to Fourinone, it seemed interminable.
"Well... ready to go?"
"Of course! Hah hah... hah... hrm."
Fourinone called back to his roommate saying that he was leaving, and closed the door behind himself. Brandon grabbed one of his soft, pallid hands and led him down the stoop. They walked across the yard to Brandon's bright red convertible parked parallel to the curb, both not quite sure of their footing: Brandon because he was a nervous wreck, and Fourinone because he wasn't quite used to his new high-heels. Brandon used a remote to unlock the car doors from a short distance, and opened the one on the passenger side for his date.
"Apres avoir, mon doux petit ange. ~ "
"Wow, you speak French? That's so cool!"
"That was French?"
"...whatever. Let's go!"
Brandon walked around and sat in the leather driver's seat. He put his key in the ignition, and stole a quick glance at Fourinone as the engine began to purr. Fourinone looked back, and their eyes met each other swiftly before darting away in embarrassment. Fourinone was frustrated that he couldn't even bring himself to look at the man that he had secretly loved for so long, but...
"So, are you excited?"
"Huh? Oh, um, I... Yeah. I wouldn't dress up so nicely if I wasn't, hue..."
"You look stunning tonight, Foru. That dress really shows off your curves well."
"Hahah, yeah, I really do have a smoking hot body, don't I?! I'm hot right?! RIGHT?!"
"yeah"
"Good, hahaha..."
Handled like a true champion, thought Fourinone. Tonight would be a breeze if he kept the cruise control at this level of smoothness. Conveniently enough, Fourinone lived like two blocks away from the resteraunt so I have no idea why they drove. Brando parked neatly in one of the V.I.P. spots and turned off the engine. The young couple got out of the car and walked through the front doorway. Fourinone swallowed his last remnants of nervousness as they walked up to the front counter.
"Hi, welcome to McDonalds, what can I get you?"
"Yes, I'll have the ten-piece chicken nugget meal with medium fries and a Coke. What do you want, Foru?"
"Oh, I'll just have a Big Mac with extra onions, small fries, and a small Diet Coke. Gotta watch this rockin' bod, am I right? Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue"
"...Riiiight. Your order total is $13.45. Cash or credit?"
"Credit." Brando said as he whipped out his hellacious Chase Sapphire card. "I get wonderful food and wonderful rewards thanks to my new Sapphire card exclusively from Chase Bank."
"...who are you talking to?"
"I didn't say anything."
"O...kay...? We'll bring your food to your table."
Brandon paid the depressed young misanthrope, and once again, the akward young pair stumbled off, this time to the closest possible table, sitting at opposite ends.
"I'm so stoked that you managed to get us in here, Brando! Do you know the owner?"
"Oh, trust me, babe, I have connections, hahah."
"Wow, you're such a stud! I can't believe how much I want to ♥♥♥♥♥ y- I MEAN CONTINUE TO HAVE A HEALTHY RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU"
"Me neither."
"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH IF YOU'LL EXCUSE ME I NEED TO GO USE THE BATHROOOOM"
Fourinone dashed away from the table, tripping multiple times along the way. He burst into the women's room, which reeked of the human body. Brandon was a human. It reeked of Brandon. Oh my God so alone. He stared straight into the cracked, greasy mirror, admiring how unbelievably hot he was.
"Get it together, Foru! This man is going to impregnate you some day, at least make sure he loves it!"
For good measure he punched himself a few times in the face, giving himself a black eye and bloody mouth. He still knew that he looked beautiful, though; injuries really complimented his figure. He took a deep breath and stumbled back out into the restaurant.
"Sorry, I have bladder control issues. You know how it is."
"I do not. Oh, here comes our food!"
The disinheartened waitress brought a tray over to the starstruck couple. She set it gently down between the two, grumbling something unintelligible about enjoying their meal.
"Wow, this looks really good, Brandon!"
"Doesn't it? Well, as they say in Korea, tairageru!"
Fourinone was so famished from eating exclusively smegma butter for the past few months to reduce his sleek figure that he tore right into the food. Within five minutes, his side of the tray was completely empty. Brandon was still tenderly working his way through his own meal. He dipped a chicken nugget into the warm barbecue sauce packet and put it between his gorgeous red lips, moving them together and slowly chewing on the nugget of processed fake meat. He closed his eyes and moaned, reveling in the slight orgasm that the food gave him. Fourinone watched eagerly as he worked his way one-by-one through the rest, gently wiping his mouth off on a napkin at the end. They stood up, threw away their trash, and walked out the front. They got into the car once more, relaxing as their stomachs struggled to digest all the cholesterol. They were silent as they drove back to Fourinone's place, ecstatic about their love for one another. Brandon pulled up on the curb and unlocked the doors.
"Um... Brandon?"
"Yes, Foru?"
"Do... you want to come inside?"
"Oh, sure!"
He turned off the car and led Fourinone up the porch. Foru retrieved his key from inside his bra and unlocked the door, leading Brandon inside. Brandon began to walk towards the kitchen, but Fourinone clenched onto his hand and pulled him toward his bedroom instead.
"Foru, what are y-"
"Shh... Just let it happen..."
They walked into the dark bedroom, and Foru closed and locked the door behind them. Foru walked over to his bed, leaving Brandon stuck frozen to a spot near the door. Fourinone closed his eyes and thought for a moment before moving his hands down to the waist of his dress. He clenched both his fists and took one final breath before lifting the dress up over his head, revealing his baby blue panties and bra underneath. He began to fumble with the clasp of the bra, eventually unsnapping it and letting it fall to the floor next to the dress. He kept his panties on, just for now.
"This is me. This is... all of me."
"Foru, I know you're a wonderful person. You don't need to take off your clothes for me to know that."
"I... I thought that...." Foru began to grope for words, but they weren't there.
"It's fine. We've already come this far." Brandon said lightheartedly, moving over to his significant other. Foru gasped slightly as he planted a soft, wet kiss on his lips. It was only fletting, though, and Brandon soon pulled away. Instead, he embraced Foru, his hands feeling the soft outline of his spine. His hands moved ever downward, moving underneath his underwear...

"Yo, Foru, I got some groceries." Azn yelled from the front door, a cool evening breeze pouring in from outside. No response. Maybe he was talking to his date from the other day. "Foru?"
He set down a bag in the kitchen and moved over to Foru's door. He thought he smelt something strange from the other side. Was it... alcohol? He turned the knob and walked into the dark room. As his eyes adjusted, he slowly realized what was happening. Foru was laying prone in the far corner of the room, tears in his eyes and whiskey on his lips.
"Oh my God, Foru, are you okay?!"
"N... No...."
"What happened to you?"
Foru didn't respond immediately. He sniffled a bit, and with a shaking hand he held up his cell phone. It was set to the Recent Calls list; they seemed to predominantly be Azn and their drinking buddy Kevin.
"He...."
"He what?"
"He....

"He didn't call back."
KevinOC

A Good Start

Thumbs Up given: 6 times
Thumbs Up received: 126 times

Thumbs up x1

Postby Bomberman101 » October 31st, 2012, 6:12 pm

No contests. Seriously. The above story has beaten all the others. Anyways, i'll edit mine to finish it.
Bomberman101

A Good Start

Thumbs Up given: 11 times
Thumbs Up received: 14 times

A Reflection in Pink

Postby MessengerOfDreams » October 31st, 2012, 8:54 pm

It's still the 31st so ♥♥♥♥ YOU IT'S IN.
(Seriously. Not fair to make the deadline 11am here. I even had a costume contest ready and everything.)

Sort of an abstract story about illusions, reflections, shattering foundation, and the like. Multiple meanings, with multiple purposes for existing. The genre is supposed to be sort of horror as well, but it's interpreted in a way that is barely counting. Enjoy.

You used to be my reflection.

We were everything that we were, and more to add to it. We were both people who could look at a glass and see it as half full. We were people who could find beauty in the blades of grass, majesty in the rain, adventure in the skies, each other in the stars. You loved the stars, then I did too, because you gave them to me in a new light.

I never forsook that vision. Because it was you, and you were brilliant.

You were my reflection in pink, different from my blue. I tried to keep steadfast on the ground. You were a balloon floating in the air. I knew of the powers human beings had. You thought you were powerless. I tried to show my love in my actions. You showed yours in your words, your beautiful, majestic, adventurous, brilliant words that captivated me from the day I discovered you.

I never let go.

You did.

I loved you. I loved you in a way that I never loved anyone else, not even those who I kissed. I adored you, looked up to you, because of your talent and vision and the way you were, the way you were but no longer are. I put trust in you that I never did in anyone else, because I had always believed you would give it back. That you had. That you did.

Now I'm left here, wondering what was true and what was not.

You were like no one else I knew, and it was intoxicating, and yet, we still were so similar. I always thought I was looking at my reflection when I saw you. A reflection in pink, because we were different in our own ways, but still the same in our hearts.

Then I heard about you. I heard what they said. What started as a buzzing became a roaring fire that I couldn't outrun. I couldn't believe it. With my whole heart, I denied it. My world became a nightmare that I couldn't escape, because I knew that I was wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong. I was a fool to have trusted you so blindly, so foolishly.

I ran to where we met before, under the stars. Where you connected the dots within them and brought forth the vision. You were the stars, and when you became part of me I always tried to give that back to you. You gave me something no one else truly gave this lonely soul before.

A companion.

We would climb mountains together, we would overcome obstacles that were bigger than us, and we'd survive. We were adventurers, ones that had nearly lost ourselves and each other, but held on tight.

You told me that you loved me, that I was like a reflection of you. That you could see someone who truly understood you and all the voices and visions in your head. I felt a soaring surge of honor. I had always, so badly, wanted to mean something to someone. I never forgot those words or the chills through my skin when you said them.

Now here I am. I see you before me, a friend lost in time. Your eyes burn with something that terrifies me more than it exhilarates me. The light behind them is gone. The stars have vanished.

Voices in my mind scream accusations, and I can only barely choke out one question, a question for explanation, for quietness in my head. A plea for the reflection that you said you were. The friend you promised you would be.

I beg for your honesty.

You look at me with those vacant eyes, looking over me, and you run away.

I can only stare at the empty space in front of me, calling for you, calling for my reflection. You never return. I stay there, petrified, for days, in the last foolish act I will ever do for you.

Eventually, I become angry, give up and leave.

When I return from the mountaintops, I see your friends, the ones I never truly knew but respected, because you liked them, and they were good people, ones I should have given more to.

I calmly ask them to give me what you could not.

They give me honesty, and it hurts.

You weren't what I thought you were after all.

It's then that I realize that the reflection never was.

It was only a painting, a piece of brilliant artwork created only for myself, a creation that I had become mystified with beyond the point of reason, one that constantly changed to whatever I desired. It was flawed and it had its cracks, but it was the most amazing piece of artwork I had ever seen.

I thought that piece was real.

Even now, sitting here alone, in the place where you gave me the stars, I hold the painting in my heart, but it's changed from reality to a relic.

I fear I will never truly know who its painter was.

My Most Recent Works: show
I switch my signature a lot. If you wanna see some of my past ones, here you go.
Silent Conversations and a Crow's Final Song!
My latest story, and one of my personal favorites. A girl bound in silence finds the words to say to her prospective girlfriend as they visit her religious father in a dusty town on the edge of Kansas, where the crows' migration south brings forth anchored memories, the path to resolution, and a new start.

Form (25quared)
This might be like nothing you've seen before.
Updated Works! Some of my past best and current stuff: show
Writing Works!
Fanfic: Shut Up and Dance
why do I write so much about dancing you don't dance you've never danced in your entire life
lying little ♥♥♥♥ with your ♥♥♥♥ story ♥♥♥♥ you
also Diddy/Lucina <3

Fanfic: Worth a Thousand Words
Because the world needed a Samus/Dedede story
Fanfic: Ecstatic Silence
Just wanted to write and ♥♥♥♥ like this happens, you'd think I'd know better.
Fanfic: Far From the Edge
It's a dance that's been a long time coming for a brand new man and an unchanging woman, but once one takes the plunge there's no falling back up.
Original: Jealous Ghosts of the Mississippi
The story of Rachel meeting Amber after a lifetime of silence and being shunned
Original: Your Hand in Mine
One of my most personal stories about a dangerous romance. Now to be published in a college lit journal!
-------------------------
Recent LDC Work:
Level Series: Leaves From The Vine (ft Star King)
For the 29th LDC, a theme of grassland taken through the growth of our designing society. Won the 29th LDC!
--
Levels at Large:
Level Topic: Collection of MoD's Levels!
If you've ever wanted to see any level I made worth a damn, go here! From the quiet 14th LDC entrant Finis to the megasmash level series Dark, you can find links here!
"You were always a revolutionary, now there's just less of a chance of you crying in the corner." ~Ridder
MessengerOfDreams

Error contacting Twitter

Winter
2016 Story Contest

Thumbs Up given: 519 times
Thumbs Up received: 707 times

Postby ~MP3 Amplifier~ » November 1st, 2012, 11:27 am

^^^ See? That's what happens when you use FF.net and actually practice writing there. :3 (in other words I never write stories there, just read them, soo... :awe: )

Also time is up! Judges step forward and err...start judging! :3
The below image is a montage of my individual highest placing LDC creations, as a reminder to myself that level designing is a part of my life that I can't just leave behind

~MP3 Amplifier~
THE DARK LAMP

Error contacting Twitter

Postby Yoshi Boo 118 » November 1st, 2012, 12:24 pm

If I lose on a technicality you can bet my jimmies will be rustled.

ImageImage

Awesome Things, and My Works: show
ImageImage

Credit to Buff for my normal avatar and lordpat for the Red Yoshi sig. Ninny made the Valentine's Gift. <3 Thanks!

Click on the left and right side of my main signature to see my Level Series (Paper Mario 63) and my Levels!

Stories (That are more than just a prologue long):
Unlocked (One of my first stories, pretty much abandoned now)
Koopa's Final Blow (Halloween 2011)
Resonance (Posted here first, but other link is better)
The Gibus Games (TF2 related)
My fanfics are posted here, where the most recent updates will be on.

Yoshi Boo 118
Ex umbra in solem

1st Place in the Runolympics SM63 LDC Event. Congratulations!

Thumbs Up given: 139 times
Thumbs Up received: 102 times

Postby ~MP3 Amplifier~ » November 7th, 2012, 12:20 pm

So here we are.

...THE RESULTS!

I'll go from last to 1st, woo :P

So in last (or 7th) place, with a score of 12.75/20...
lordpat

In 6th place, we have two people with the same scores of 13...
Oranjuice & Bomberman101

In 5th place, with a score of 15...
KevinOC

In 4th place, we have a tie between the women in the competition (gives it away but yeah :P )! With scores of 16.5...
Tune4Toons & MP3 Amplifier

In 3rd place, with a score of 17...
KABOOM

In 2nd place, with a score of 17.5...
Yoshi Boo 118

Aaaaand in first place, with a score of 17.625, (probably guessed who it is by now, lawl) we have...
MessengerOfDreams! Who gets another candy!

Congratz to all the entrants and see ya next time. :D

~MP3 Amplifier~
THE DARK LAMP

Error contacting Twitter

Postby lordpat » November 7th, 2012, 12:34 pm

*pretends to be surprised*

The 7th spot is following me.

Thanks FF for this sig!

Credit to Bam/Bryce for the halloween avatar!
lordpat
The Legacy

Runouw Votes Winner
For winning the category Best Normal Member (Citizen Soldier) in Winter 2012/13.

Thumbs Up given: 43 times
Thumbs Up received: 94 times

PreviousNext

Return to Halloween